Casio’s proprietary sound source, “AiR” (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) provides the grand piano sounds in the PX-160. Casio meticulously recorded the sound of a 9-foot concert grand at 4 dynamic levels. The AiR engine delivers this sound with seamless dynamics for a remarkably expressive and powerful performance. Damper Resonance is simulated by AiR for uncanny realism when the damper pedal is used.
The PX-160 utilizes Casio’s famous Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard. This action features new simulated Ebony and Ivory textured keys for an incredible feel and its three sensors capture the dynamics of a performance with unparalleled speed and accuracy. Casio’s proprietary Hammer Response feature takes into consideration the speed at which different sized hammers move inside an acoustic grand piano relative to the velocity the keys are played. This timing nuance provides the ultimate key-to-sound experience that is unmatched by the standard actions of other brands.
GRAND SOUND SYSTEM
The chassis has been redesigned not only to provide a more elegant look but also to accommodate a new 8w x 8w speaker system, which delivers the PX-160’s remarkable sounds with the richness that they deserve. This speaker system is open to the front but also ported to the back, which provides remarkable sound when the PX-160 is placed against a wall. This also allows it to easily be used in a classroom or other environment where the sound will be projected towards the audience. Far superior to brands whose speaker systems are aimed mostly downward.
The PX-160 also features newly developed string ensemble sounds. These rich stereo strings sound wonderful by themselves or layered with the PX-160’s grand pianos, electric pianos, harpsichord and more. The electric pianos have also been updated providing some dynamic sounds derived from Casio’s award winning PX-5S stage piano. The PX-160 provides split and layer capability allowing you to play bass in your left hand and have two layered tones in your right. Duet mode allows the keyboard to be split into two equal ranges, so the student and teacher can use the piano simultaneously. A two track recorder can even record and playback your practice and performances. The optional CS-67 stand puts the PX-160 at the proper height and the optional SP-33 pedal system provides the same 3 pedal functionality as a grand piano.
For quiet listening, the PX-160 now has two headphone outputs which are located on the front of the instrument and for those who are performing with other amplification, the PX-160 also features 1/4″ left and right line outputs on the rear panel. The PX-160 continues Casio’s tradition of providing “class compliant” USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows the PX-160 to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows the PX-160 to be used as a controller with the Apple iPad simply with the use of Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.
Casio PX-160 Features:
- Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard
- New AiR Proprietary Sound Source
- 18 Built-In Tones
- Damper Resonance Simulator
- Onboard Digital Effects
- 2-Track Recorder
- Class Compliant MIDI and USB Connections
- Ebony and Ivory Textured Keys
- Includes Sustain Peal
- Music Stand Included
- Free Adapter
Casio PX-160 Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II, Simulated ebony and ivory keys
- Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, off
- Sound Source: Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR
- Maximum Polyphony: 128
- Tones: 18 built-in tones: Grand Piano (Concert, Modern, Classic, Mellow, Bright), Elec Piano 1, Elec Piano 2, FM E. Piano, 60’s E. Piano, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Strings 1, Strings 2, Pipe Organ, Jazz Organ, Elec Organ 1, Elec Organ 2, Bass (Lower)
- Layer/Split: Layer (Excluding bass tones), Split (Low-range bass tones only)
- Digital Effects: Reverb (4 types), Chorus (4 types), Brilliance (-3 ~ 0 ~ 3), DSP (Preset for some tones)
- Built-in Songs: 60 (Music Library) songs
- Song Expansion: 10 songs (max.) Up to approximately 90 KB/song
- Lesson Function: Part ON / OFF (Lesson Part Select: Right hand, Left hand)
- Metronome: 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 beats; tempo range: 20 to 255
- Recorder: 2 tracks, 1 song, Approximately 5,000 notes total
- Other Functions:
- GRAND PIANO buttons (Concert, Modern), ELEC PIANO 1 button
- Duet Mode (Duet Pan ON / OFF)
- Auto Power Off: Off after approx. 4 idle hours (default setting)
- Octave Shift: ± 2 octaves
- Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5 Hz ~ 440.0 Hz ~ 465.9 Hz
- Included: SP-3 (terminal x 1)
- Optional: SP-33 (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- MIDI: This product is not equipped with MIDI terminals. MIDI communication between the product and a computer is performed using the USB port.
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Amp Output: 8W ＋ 8W
- Input/Output Terminals:
- LINE OUT: 2 (L / MONO, R), Standard jack
- Phones: 2 (Stereo mini jack)
- Pedal x 1 (damper)
- 3-Pedal Unit Connector (for SP-33)
- USB Port (to Host)*: Excluding projections.
- * No USB cable is bundled with this product. Use a commercially available adaptable USB cable to connect it with a computer.
- Power Requirements
- AC Adaptor: AD-A12150LW
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 1,322 x 293 x 141 mm (w/o music stand)
- 1,322 x 293 x 766 mm With stand CS-67PBK